103 Main Street Port au Port West
(709) 648-2745

Our Lady of Mercy Museum, Craft/Gift Shop and Tea Room

Adjacent to Our Lady of Mercy Heritage Church is a former rectory constructed in 1952 and restored. It houses the museum, tea room and craft shop, which provides one of a kind products. The main museum features artifacts which depict the history of local culture and heritage.

Hours of Operation
June 28 – Aug 28 10:00am – 5:00pm

183 Main Street, St. George's
(709) 647-3293

K’Taqmkuk Mi’Kmaw Cultural Historic Museum and Craft Shop

To celebrate this rich culture a local historic old building has been renovated to house a cultural museum and interpretation center. This museum is the first and only official Mi’kmaw cultural historic museum for the island of Newfoundland. The significance of the tremendous contribution of our Mi’kmaq ancestors to Bay St. George will be recognized, celebrated and given its proper place.

Hours of Operation
June – Aug 10:00am – 5:00pm

45 Oregon Drive
(709) 643-9757

Regional Museum of Art and History

During July and August, admission is FREE on Fridays.  A special exhibit on Harmon AFB will commemorate the 25 years the Americans  spent in Stephenville.  Drop by and see the original flag that was taken down from Harmon Headquarters building when the base closed in 1966.

The Regional Museum of Art and History has something for everyone, genealogical section, photo albums, on-screen digital photos, Ernest Harmon Air Force Base section (1941 to 1966), Aboriginal section / French Ancestry section, old school room exhibit/Health Care exhibit, heritage kitchen, bedroom, and parlour, collection of choral memorabilia, monthly featured exhibits and presentations by various artists, musicians, and historians.

$5 adults (children 6 and under free if accompanied by an adult) $3 Students. Group rates available. 45 Oregon Drive , Stephenville

Jun 13 – Aug 31